RESIDENT ED PROGRAM
1. How do I apply for a Resident Educator license?
2. How do I advance to a 5 year license?
3. How do I renew or extend my Resident Educator license?
4. How can I get credit for prior teaching experience?
5. If I pass RESA in Year 3 can I get my teaching license right away? Since Res Ed is a 4-year program, you can't advance your license until after completing 4 years.
6. Will I have a mentor every year? By law, you must have a mentor during Years 1 and 2. In Year 3 you will have a RESA facilitator.
7. What do I do with my paperwork from Year 1 and 2?
Paperwork is kept locally, as determined by your district. No paperwork is submitted to ODE in Year 1 and 2.
1. When do I take the RESA? You must take the RESA in Year 3.
2. Who scores my RESA tasks? RESA tasks are scored by world language educators from Ohio.
3. When can I submit tasks? The submission cycle opens Sept. 15, 2016. First Lesson Cycle and Communication/Professional Growth task deadline is Dec.15. Second Lesson Cycle and Formative/Summative Assessment deadline is Feb.15, 2017. All re-takes are due Feb.15, 2017.
5. When do I get my scores? June 1, 2017
6. What happens if I have 3 failed attempts at the RESA?